Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Wood Worker
Job Location: Monrovia, CA
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non – Exempt l SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $21.18 – $25.18
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Scope of Work:
The Woodworker provides necessary support to the facility and mission
- Constructs and repairs items such as boxes, crates, pallets, and storage bins from wood and wood substitutes, studies specifications; and measures, marks, and cuts boards, using patterns, templates, ruler, pencil, and hand and power saws.
- Fastens or installs parts, using hammer, nailing machine, or power staple, repairs defective containers by replacing damaged parts, inserts wood bracings, cardboard files, and felt pads in containers.
- May build crate around object, using ruler, hand tools, and pneumatic nailer, may fabricate, repair, modify, and replace woodwork on vehicle sides and beds, apply preservative to prolong wood life, and may pack, seal, band, and apply markings to crates and containers.
- up to 2 years of related experience
- High School Diploma
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.