Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Innovation Services
Job Title: Area Supervisor
Job Location: LOGCAP V – Soto Cono Air Base, Honduras
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
- Salary: $79,000 + 20% Post Differential
- Retention Bonus: $10,000 annually ($5,000 to be paid semi-annually)
- Per Diem: $13.90 per day
- Leave: Paid Time Off (PTO) Three (3) Weeks
- Company Mandated Housing
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This position supervises a team of Environmental and Roads and Grounds departments under the LOGCAP V project at Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras.
- Daily assignments include, but are not limited to, performing daily meetings to discuss the day to day operations that could impact work production, weekly managers meeting with all departments to discuss the contract performance and needs.
- Assist O&M manager on determining the department’s needs such as PPE, standard wearable items.
- Understanding the life cycle of a purchase request and seeing it from cradle to grave.
- Forecasting annual budget for Customer Line Items Numbers, to include annual PPE, grass maintenance equipment and vendor services.
- Effectively communicates with Sub Contract Administrator on vendor contracts awarded for environmental pick up services.
- Knowledge of understanding the PWS (Performance Work Statement) and technical exhibits.
- Attend meetings with COR’s (Contracting Officer’s Representative) and government DPW (Deputy of Public Works).
- Weekly reports that show cases departments positive and concerns that need to be brought to attention and work that has been performed to show progress on a weekly basis.
- Approve and submit all overtime requests to for work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
- Submit monthly CDRL’s (Contract data Requirements List) for government requirements.
- Daily work assignments, work completion, day-to-day employee relations, tracking special tools and equipment, tracking work vehicles, solving specialty technical problems related to the trade discipline and other similar supervision duties.
- Reports to upper management regarding all aspects of shop responsibility.
- Compile and record production data from customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets following prescribed recording procedures and using different word processing techniques.
- Prepare written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities, compile material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies, and charts production using a chart, graph, or pegboard based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
- Sorts and distribute work tickets or material and may compute wages from employee time cards and post wage data on records used for payroll preparation.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete updates in the various Army Information Systems required for this position's area of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- 3 years of experience working in a similar job required.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- Specialized experience and/or formal vocational/technical training preferred.
- Completion of a journeyman program for the trade discipline(s) that the person is supervising is required.
- Must hold a valid trade licensure in the jurisdiction where work is to be performed (when required by local law).
- Master's or contractor's license in the trade discipline(s) for which he or she is supervising is preferred.
- Must have a valid US Passport
- Must satisfactorily obtain and maintain the necessary documents (work permit/VISA) to perform work in OCONUS location.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold/heat, etc.) that may be uncomfortable or hazardous at times.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, including weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-paid short term Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.