Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The security guard is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets and others assigned to the site. Duties will include guiding and controlling traffic, provide safe crossing for pedestrians and assist visitors to the facility. This position is part-time and will have a rotating schedule. Patrol is performed at various work sites and include patrol inside and outside of the facility.
- Performs routine patrol of assigned site to deter, detect, and report security or safety problems, preserve order, and protect property. Patrols may be performed on foot or by vehicle.
- Performs patrol duties according to security policies and procedures and the client’s specific instructions.
- Corrects unsafe conditions which may pose risk of injury or death to people at the site.
- Completes forms and reports which may include Incident Reports, Citizen Arrest Forms, and Criminal Trespass Forms.
- Notifies local Emergency response agency in the event of an emergency. Maintains order at the site until their arrival and renders basic first aid or CPR as needed.
- Protects the interests and property of client.
- Approaches unauthorized persons on site to determine their intentions. Warns persons of rule infractions or violations and follows security policies and procedures.
- Monitor traffic flow at assigned location to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross streets, then guide or control the vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Directs actions of pedestrians and traffic at intersections.
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using signs, flags, and hand signals.
- Assist visitors to the facility.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Six (6) months of experience dealing with the public.
- Ability to obtain a Security Guard license issued by the State of Alaska.
- Ability to obtain basic first aid and CPR certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions within the scope of authority.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with others on the site.
- Ability to work directly with the public, convey information, and assist visitors to the facility.
- Knowledge of safety and security issues related to pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as walk, stand, step up and down from the curb, run and climb stairs as required.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.