Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Aviation Services
Quality Control Manager
Parris Island, Beaufort, South Carolina
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract quality policies, strategic objectives and organizational goals that are accomplished safely, on-time and error free at the Parris Island Beaufort project site.
- Prepares annual budget for Quality activities and operates within the budgets to meet challenging goals.
- Provides effective Contract review for Quality specifications and adherence prior to new contract proposals and awards, then interacts closely with customers to proactively mitigate disruptions and maintain strong working relationships.
- Champions a sustainable and robust Quality Management System that strictly complies with ISO 9001 and PWS requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for executive management for potential changes and impact on the Quality Management System.
- Generates reports on the suitability of the Quality program, manages several cross-functional processes including, Contract Reviews, Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality Assurance, Product Testing, and quality workmanship.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing improvements in productivity, quality, customer relationships, and customer service.
- Utilizes quality body of principles to champion best in class QMS Program across the organization to reduce lead times, increase quality, on-time delivery, and reduce cost.
- Communicates with various Government professionals a manner that upholds high levels of expectations.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all quality related issues to include enforcement of Quality Control Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and operations related to business/contractual processes, integration, modification, maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
- Establish processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Determine and enforce – through functional groups – quality requirements in accordance with real program needs; based on current regulations.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Work with company management to comply with ISO 9001, and PWS contract requirements.
- Plans and tracks functional resources in direct support of the PM Office.
- Communicates a clear vision to ensure line of sight to functional goals for key functional participants.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with minimum to no supervision, determines business function metrics and measures and reports progress as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years’ experience in preparing and enforcing QMS programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and technically discuss drawings, specifications, and regulations applicable to military and civilian applications.
- Professional certification from American Society for Quality (ASQ) in quality management and/or quality engineering preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information.
- Problem solving skills using Quality Assurance industry techniques, tools, and resources.
- Working knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties may require frequent periods of sitting, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.