Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Quality Control Inspector
Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Non-Exempt | SCA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Perform quality system audits and verifications of contractual specifications and applicable regulations in direct support of the Rock Island Arsenal project site.
- Implements quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specifications and applicable regulations.
- Inspects all phases of a variety of goods, services, or operations for conformity to established quality, health and safety, and other operational standards by performing ongoing work for compliance with contractual provisions.
- Ensures all services listed on the performance work statement are performed in a satisfactory manner.
- Specifies areas to be inspected (scheduled and unscheduled) and how often inspections will be accomplished.
- Process and communicate findings to include recommendations for any deficiencies found.
- Conduct follow-ups to deficiencies recorded to ensure Corrective Action has been implemented.
- Maintains Quality Control files and document the results of inspections.
- Develop inspection requirement summaries and inspection guides based on the performance work statement (PWS) and internal standards.
- Provide training on the performance of quality control inspections if needed.
- Review and track the status of standard operating procedures, work instructions, flow charts, and plans for assigned areas.
- Interface with government counterparts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of documented experience in QC of construction and/or maintenance of building equipment.
- Knowledge of reading, understanding, and implementing a quality control plan.
- Possess knowledge of the ISO 9000 criteria preferred.
- Possess the ability to read blueprints, building plans, and shop drawings.
- Proficient computer skills to include using office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold/heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.