Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Painter Maintenance
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Serves at the journeyman level in all facets of the trade.
- Determines the methods, techniques, devices and materials best suited for accomplishing job orders, service orders and oral assignments.
- Selects and prepares coating materials by special or common techniques of blending and mixing to obtain desired toning, matching and texture of coating materials.
- Applies coatings and finishes to building structures, interiors and exteriors by application with brushes, rollers and airless sprayer.
- Prepares surfaces to be coated by filling, shaping, sanding, stripping of paper or vinyl wall coverings, applying mashing and pre-coated materials.
- Interprets diagrams or prints of stripping to be accomplished on streets or parking lots and operates line machines.
- Provides guidance to lower level workers to obtain special finishes on various types of surfaces or specified thickness and level of coatings.
- Makes all types of interior/exterior signs using various special purpose machines and lettering and shading techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Minimum of Four year apprenticeship and seven years experience.
- Trained, certified and licensed IAW EPA for lead abatement, and or willing to obtain the certification
- Ability to estimate materials to obtain desired end products from work orders and service orders.
- Experience in taping and applying joint compound to drywall.
- Ability to operate JLG, Genie, truck under four tons, scissors lift, furniture moving equipment, shop tractor and special painting equipment to include line striping machines.
- Knowledge of wall covering (paper and vinyl) application techniques.
- General knowledge of all other construction trades to include glazier functions.
- May be required to handle or transport hazardous waste.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Continuous bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, climbing (on ladders), reaching above shoulder level and kneeling.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Maximum lifting/carrying capacity per employee is 40 lbs.; team lifting or mechanical means is required thereafter.
- Frequent pushing up to 74 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test in order to wear a respirator.
- Exposed to chemicals and fumes from paint, strippers and stains.May perform work outside in hot and cold temperatures.
- Exposure to machine oils and solvents and coal dust and fumes when working in the steam plant.
- Incumbent is exposed to inclement weather (extreme hot, cold, rain, wind and snow), heights and working over water.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.