Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: WWTP Lead Operator
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to have responsibility for the efficient operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant.
- Distribute and review work preformed on a daily basis.
- Informal problem solving.
- Report any employee issues to management in a timely manner.
- Establish work schedules for all employees ensuring proper coverage.
- Ensure all reports and inspections are done in appropriate manner.
- Assist manager in new employee search.
- Train and instruct all new hires.
- Responsible for ORC duties for WWTP.
- Operate sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage, monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage, observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings, and tests results to determine load requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through screening, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- Maintain log of operations and records meter and gas readings. May collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as colorimeter.
- Perform Preventative and Operational as well as corrective maintenance as required or directed.
- Control treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for industrial use.
- Operate and control electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant and dumps specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, polymer, and to water, or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water.
- Operate agitators to mix chemicals and allows impurities to settle to bottom of tank, turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove impurities, pumps purified water into water mains, monitors panel board and SCADA HMI and adjusts controls to regulator flow rates, loss of head pressure and water elevation and distribution of water.
- Clean tanks and filter beds, using backwashing (reverse flow of water), repairs and lubricates machines and equipment, using hand- and power tools.
- Test water samples to determine color, and impurities, using a colorimeter, and turbidimeter.
- Dump chemicals such as polymer into tanks to coagulate impurities and record data, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
- May also operate portable water-purification plant to purify wastewater from plant preparatory to pumping water into rivers and streams.
- Maintain accountability for all assigned tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- WWTP Lead Operators shall hold a current Colorado “B” license, Colorado class “A” license is a plus
- Specialized experience in WWTP operations providing knowledge required to perform the tasks of the position.
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of office automation software.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- May occasionally work outdoors at a water or wastewater treatment plant or effluent discharge area and may then be exposed to extremes of weather or dangerous chemicals/fumes.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.