Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Laborer Grounds Maintenance
Non-Exempt | SCA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Laborer Grounds Maintenance performs various labor tasks to maintain FASTC property.
- Maintains grounds of FASTC property.
- Cut grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.)
- Utilize weed eater to cut grass or weeds in ditches, ammunition mounds, and berms with high inclines. Frequently lift and carry lawn equipment such as weed eater and edger for long periods of time.
- Trim hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools, prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools, sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
- Planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Watering lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system.
- Rake, bag, and remove leaves and other natural debris.
- Removing snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower.
- Spreads salt on walkways and other areas.
- Repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
- Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, and may clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing
- Tie down equipment and cargo loads on stake bed trucks and flatbed trailers.
- Hand weed-pulling, raking, shoveling, and mulching landscapes.
- May drive ATV’s, Kubota’s and other small equipment or Tractors.
- Use hand and arm signals to direct other operators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position. Some specialized experience preferred and/or formal vocational/technical training.
- Experience in operating small trucks and grounds equipment.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.