Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Job Location: USAFA, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt l CBA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The HVAC Mechanic will be responsible for the installation, service, and repair of environmental control systems. Selects proper tools and test equipment to complete jobs. Work is subject to spot checks during progress and at completion for compliance with instructions and for workmanship.
- Guidelines include work orders, trade practices, services instructions, and parts lists.
- Work will include maintenance and repairs to heating systems and equipment post-wide, primarily oil and gas fired.
- During the peak air conditioning season, it may be necessary to have Heat Mechanics assist in repairs to A/C systems and equipment.
- Mechanics are expected to do basic rewiring, control repairs, and some work on ancillary equipment.
- Mechanics are also expected to be familiar with most types of burners and nozzles, associated controls and wiring, ductwork, insulation, and piping.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to life at least 75 lbs.
- Must be HVAC certified.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Experience needed on all types of HVAC equipment to include chillers.
- Must have working knowledge of boilers/upv equipment and working knowledge of basic maintenance skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.