Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker – HVAC
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt l CBA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for general facilities maintenance within the USAF Academy for Base and Cadet Zone Areas. Responsible to assist in preventive maintenance and conduct standby after hours recall for Maintenance as directed.
- Perform general maintenance and repair of buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and low voltage electrical work.
- Responsible for general maintenance and repairs of all real property.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Assist in preventive maintenance on barriers, gates, overhead doors, HVAC, carpentry and other work as directed.
- Perform cleaning and assist in the preventive maintenance of pools and fountains as directed.
- Be service oriented and respectable to customer needs.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and properly fill out all necessary paperwork related to work performed.
- Be a safe worker and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Physically capable of safely moving and able to lift objects weighing 60 pounds.
- Physically capable to work on or off a ladder, scaffold, scissor lift or boom lift, while conducting overhead work.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak fluent English with enough proficiency to interface with customers directly and on the phone.
- Must have HVAC experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Able to receive and maintain a favorable Local Background Check (LBC) and National Agency Check (NAC) as applicable to the position requirements.
- Able to receive and maintain base access and contractor access badge.
- Able to pass initial Company drug screening test and future random drug screening tests.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.