Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
General Laborer, Lead
Non-Exempt | SCA
$22.65/hr + $4.48/hr Health and Welfare (up to 40 hours per week)
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The General Laborer, Lead performs general work as assigned and serves as a Lead to the General Laborers.
Facilitates, conducts follow-up inspections, and reports all General Laborer tasks at the direction of the Operations Supervisor for the following tasks as assigned.
- Loading and unload trucks, and other conveyances.
- Move supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrow, hand truck or other portable transport devices.
- Stack materials for storage or binning.
- Collect refuse and salvageable materials, dig, fill, and tamp earth excavations.
- Level ground using pick, shovel, tamper, and rake.
- Shovel concrete and snow.
- Clean culverts and ditches.
- Cut trees and brush.
- Operate power lawnmowers or smaller equipment.
- Move and arrange heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliance.
- Move heavy pieces of automotive, medical engineering, and other types of machinery and equipment.
- Spread sand and salt on icy roads and walkways.
- Pick up leaves and trash.
- Clean and reset live fire ranges, live fire shoot houses, MOUT sites, explosive pads, and other assigned training venues to include removing all brass, vehicle debris, cleaning all surfaces of debris.
- Clean to acceptable health and safety levels, all surfaces and areas for lead, gunpowder, and frangible ammo.
- Make minor repairs to doors, windows, hinges, and walls.
- Use plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Paint structures and equipment.
- Repair or replace concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Lead must be able to demonstrate leadership experience.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- Experience in operating small trucks and grounds equipment.
- Must have a basic knowledge of custodial, recycling, and working with hazardous materials.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operation instructions.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal background check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.