Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Engineering Technician V
Non-Exempt l SCA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Draws on experience in U.S. Navy fleet operations to support staffs ashore and afloat conducting unit level training and fleet exercises.
- Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
- As a senior technical person, applies advanced technical knowledge to perform complex troubleshooting, isolating malfunctions, and incorporates engineering changes. Performs overhaul or complete rebuild of assemblies, subassemblies, and end items, including the manufacturing of parts, modifications, testing, and reclamation.
- Performs organizational and intermediate maintenance on assigned equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs data communication equipment. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provides recommendations to improve or expand all facets of operations to include maintenance, engineering, and logistics support. Ensures economy of operation by improvement of work methods and procedures.
- Other required duties include:
- Documents maintenance actions in MAXIMO;
- Alternate LATR System Administrator
- Will be operationally qualified at designated tech level within 90 days of hiring or promotion.
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate at least two JTTR systems.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma required
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance and equipment manufacturer training.
- Four years’ electronic/computer systems maintenance in the following areas:
- Computer operating systems (including: UNIX, Linux, Irix, Windows 7/10);
- RF systems;
- Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, microwave, fiber-optic);
- Digital/analog computer systems;
- DC power supplies;
- Test equipment;
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment;
- Networking Equipment (Switches, Routers)
- System administration;
- Three years of Tactical Training Range equipment operation would be desirable with experience in: LATR/LDTS/JDS/JRE/MSF
- Experience in Naval operations with emphasis on CSG ops preferred
- Fleet training with extensive knowledge of tactical fixed wing, rotary wing, or Navy surface/sub-surface operations
- Experience with Naval weapons systems, radars, and tactics desirable.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Physically able to deploy aboard ship and to remote sites for up to three weeks at a time.
- Physically able to perform extended physical labor to include heavy lifting and carrying of PIPs (67 pounds) and other LATR-associated equipment during ship/participant installation.
- Must possess and maintain valid state Driver’s License.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Must have CompTIA Security Plus
- May be required to obtain and maintain Tower Climber Certification
- May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.