Subsidiary: VP KIRA
Job Title: ENGINEER IV (Mechanical Project Lead) – Facility Engineering
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Leads engineering projects for the modification of large spacecraft test facilities at Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is intended to primarily support facility modifications driven by Roman Space Telescope’s (RST) testing requirements but may also support other projects and/or departments at NASA GSFC.
- Serve as primary point of contact to the RST project representing the Environmental Test and Integration Branch (Code 549) concerning major facility modifications necessary to execute testing regimen. Work will primarily concern the Space Environmental Simulator vacuum chamber but may also include the High-Capacity Centrifuge, vibration and acoustic test facilities.
- Work with project personnel to understand project requirements and evaluate facility capabilities against those requirements
- Develop detailed plans for facility modification. Work with engineering staff to generate detailed engineering analysis and designs to accommodate project requirements. This may be Finite Element Analyses, 3D solid model design, blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Develop statements of work for subcontracts associated with facility modifications. Manage subcontractor work from requirements to execution.
- Deliver regular reports and presentations to RST project management and NASA civil servant management.
- Provide technical expertise to other project engineers/managers.
- Read, write, and interpret drawings, blueprints, and electrical schematics in order to perform system evaluation and cost estimates.
- Provide technical guidance for engineers, engineering technicians, and subcontractors performing technical tasks, including design, planning, material specifications, maintenance, and in-process guidance.
- Ensure all work adheres to National, NASA, and GSFC requirements.
- Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support all groups within functional support areas.
- May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- May also perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated within area of assignment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
- Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- May require getting into confined and small spaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil preferred.
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management.
- Ability to read and manipulate CAD and FEM models, with preference to CREO and FEMap
- Significant experience leading and/or managing projects and project teams, including subcontractors, and providing technical guidance.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
- Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection.
- Ability to distinguish eight color panel display.
- Work is primarily in an office setting, plus in lab areas or mechanical room spaces.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is team oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.