Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Aviation Services
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work: The primary purpose of this position is to lead and coordinate the work of Custodian positions in cleaning the inside of buildings and other facilities, moving furniture and office equipment; ensures that assigned duties are completed on schedule and are done well within the area assigned; schedules project work and work order requests; responsible for supply needs of the area assigned; responsible for security surveillance; responsible for inventory control of all supplies and equipment; performs custodial and related duties when required, during shortage of man power.
- Creates and maintains daily, monthly, and yearly facility custodial schedules. Schedules out-of-cycle work with facility custodians. Works closely with facility custodians to ensure the quality of work performed by custodial crews. Ensures all work is performed in a timely manner in accordance with schedules. Ensures proper training of custodial crews.
- Controls the issuing of supplies and equipment for the custodial crews. Maintains all records on a microcomputer. Ensures purchases of supplies and equipment are performed in a timely manner.
- Sweeps and mops floors using hand or power equipment; cleans and waxes furniture; empties trash containers; strips and refinishes floors; washes walls and mirrors; washes windows (inside and outside) using both the Tucker or Unger methods; dusts; cleans chalkboards, drinking fountains, counters, and lights; cleans and sanitizes restrooms and replenishes supplies; delivers supplies; inspects areas for cleanliness.
- Vacuums, spot cleans, shampoos, and extracts carpets.
- Moves furniture; arranges desks, chairs, and tables; takes down or sets up chairs and tables for events; picks up supplies; makes deliveries.
- Replaces light bulbs; locks and unlocks roams; performs security surveillance.
- Washes and gases vehicles.
- Performs additional duties as required and assists other tradesmen as needed.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of experience performing the full range of custodial/janitorial duties including the operation of hand and power equipment and the safe and proper mixing and applying cleaning chemicals is required.
- Knowledge of and skill in the operation of floor, carpet, wall, and office cleaning equipment and tools; knowledge of and skill in safely mixing and applying custodial chemicals; knowledge of OSHA regulations as they relate to cleaning and sanitation measures; knowledge of and skill in cleaning methods and procedures.
- Skill in training and monitoring of performance of staff.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, & AD&D
- Employee Paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for Dependents
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.