KIRA Training Services
Civil Engineering Manager
USAF Academy, CO
Up to 5% of the time
$125,000 – $135,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for the overall operation of the Engineering Services Division which has responsibility for the planning, programming, design, maintenance, construction and real property accountability of the US Air Force Academy’s facility program. Leads and manages a division of (40) professionals with (4) direct reports.
- This program exceeds $50 million in annual renovation, maintenance, repair, and new construction projects. Has a wide variety of duties related to both managing personnel within the organization, ensuring completion of responsibilities, meeting performance standards, and construction management as outlined in the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Responsible for maintaining a strong and productive relationship with the Air Force’s contracting office and government engineering counterparts to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Manage the Construction Management Branch in the inspection, scheduling and acceptance of construction projects. Manage up to a $50M annual programming/design program.
- Ensure projects are identified, validated, approved, designed, and if funded, constructed. Manage USAFA’s designation as a historical district.
- Ensures that energy conservation and sustainability is considered in all programs and the Executive Order for Energy reduction is met.
- Manage the SABER construction capability, negotiating smaller projects with the SABER contractor, ensuring timely execution, quality construction and containment of costs.
- Oversee the management of Interior Design by Design branch manager and manage the CAD/GIS departments.
- Responsible for the effective management of personnel assigned to the division.
- Duties involve managing division personnel ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance with PWS requirements.
- Ensure program execution accordance with the government’s budget and timelines.
- Responsible for updating base leadership on design and construction schedule and progress. Oversees quality.
- Sign off on engineering drawings and dig permits.
- Provide Program Manager with reports and project status on request. Work with all division personnel to create process improvements.
- Monitor and promote optimal customer satisfaction.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as manager or supervisor of engineering department with a familiarity in the activities of facilities and systems engineering for a major US military installation (Air Force experience is preferred).
- Engineering/Design Manager(s)/Chief Engineer shall be registered Professional Engineer(s) (PE) or Registered Architect in the state of Colorado licensed in the state of Colorado.
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance.
- BS degree Engineering or Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have strong skills in software programs like Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, etc. The CEM should possess strong analytic skills to process large quantities of data quickly, accurately, and be able to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify trends, anomalies, errors, etc.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.