Subsidiary: KIRA Services
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Juneau, AK
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Varies
Liaison To: Executive Assistant / Production Control Clerk
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 5% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide general-purpose and administrative support duties to the program in direct association with the Management Team. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of functions requiring advanced knowledge and skill in administrative processes, Policies and Procedures, Federal and State Laws, and program performance standard guidelines. Responsibilities normally involve areas such as budget development and maintenance, contract administration, procurement of goods and services, information systems analysis/management, and safety and security activities
Responsibilities generally involve areas such as budget development and maintenance, contract administration, procurement of goods and services, information systems analysis/management, and safety and security activities. Work involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Various secretarial duties, such as, filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements.
- Perform complex data entry tasks for which there is a variety of formats and procedures and with general instructions for coding and entering data.
- Support executive staff with office management responsibilities, maintain a variety of paper and computer records, vacation schedules, personnel records, attendance, and timesheets.
- Able to work independently on various projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
- Serve as a resource person for property management and clients by providing information requiring considerable interpretation, explanation of policies, and usually a general knowledge of all the services we provide.
- Answer questions of other employees and refer difficult inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Serve as the resource person for the department on common office software; train and advise management staff on software problem resolution and capabilities.
- Develop database, spreadsheet, or word processing records and reports.
- Maintain communication with all employees, sites, and vendors as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year related administrative experience preferred but not required
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.